Sunday, December 21, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Here are Travis & Kyla's cars cover with one of our lovely birch trees.
View of our dirt road.
Update...Dennis just saw a parade of power trucks from all over New England (CT, RI) nearby...I think they're coming to save us!!!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love both! Depends on the gift and how much time I have.
2. Real tree or artificial? I love a real tree but I'm really an artificial tree girl at heart. I like to put the tree up on Thanksgiving and I hate vacuuming tree needles.
3. How many trees do you put up in your home? One...although Kyla has a tiny one on her vanity.
4. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving.
5. When do you take the tree down? After New Years when I get my energy back to put all the decorations away.
6. Do you like eggnog? Not really. Depends if there's booze in it.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? I always loved my XMas presents. I can't single out just one
8. Favorite person to buy for? This year...Travis...I have a really great idea for a gift and I'm having fun purchasing it.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My girls...they always give me a list.
10. Do you have a nativity scene? I have 2. One is really old from when I was a kid and the other is a new Jim Shore Scene that my Mom bought me last year.
11. Angel on the tree top or a star? Always a star...
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? That's not a nice question.
13. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Carol for nostalgia's sake...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation to laugh my ass off!
14. When do you start shopping? I pick up a couple little things during the summer with full intention of getting it done early and then don't do anything else until after Thanksgiving. Someday I'll learn. I used to be close to finished at Thanksgiving but since I work full time now, those days are over. I LOVE internet shopping!
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have only regifted small Yankee Swap type gifts
16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!
17. Lights on the tree? Of course! White ones...no multi color or flashing!
18. Favorite Christmas song? Ring Christmas Bells.
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve at home...Christmas day day at Mother-in-laws.
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sometimes.
21. Are you a day after Thanksgiving shopper? Never used to me but Dennis has dragged me out of bed the past couple years.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Eve with my family...Morning with kids and hubby.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds at the stores and traffic.
24. Favorite ornament/tree theme or color? RED is my favorite color any time of the year.
25. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? We do simple. Italian Meatballs, calzones, etc.
26. Do you go to church Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Yeah...I used to...
27. Family tradition? It's not Christmas until my sisters and I play "The Partridge Family Christmas album". I know...sad.
28. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
29. How many cards do you send out? Less and less every year. Probably about 30 or 40.
30. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing...saving for a new kitchen. Home Depot cards would be great!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
This layout was created using the Creative Memories Disney Hannah Montana set. Although Jessy HATES Hannah Montana , this is a great little set and can be used without any reference to HM.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Stamp - A Muse "Holiday Shoppper"
Sentiment - A Muse Holiday Greetings II Clear Set
Card - Memory Box (cut square)
Paper - A Muse (Kitchen Grass)
Bazzill (white & Green)
Bling - Hero Arts Jewels
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
...here's an example of how Pamela and I had an "a-ha" moment one time after a card class at Ink About It. The challenge has always been how to take cards home without smudging the perfectly placed stickles and other wet things we so lovingly and creatively decorate our cards with. One night driving to Pamela's house after class we put our cards on the visor of my truck. Why did we never figured this out before?! I had told Linda and Julie about this and promised a picture...here you go! These are two of the cupcake cards we made in the class that night.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
This card is stamped with Memory Box "Elegant Reindeer", Basic Grey "Figgy Pudding" paper and Memory box card.
I love the new stamps I bought recently that I used on this card...
Amuse "Retro Rectangle", The Cat's Pajama's "Fill'er Up", The Cat's Pajama's "Cheers", Glitter stack card stock and an A Muse "Black Asterix reverse" card.
This is just another card using the same stamps as the last one.
This card uses a couple stamps from the A Muse clear set "Trees #1" and an A Muse sentiment stamp "Thinking of You". The brown patterned paper is also A Muse and the card is Memory Box.
Here's my Thanksgiving card for this year. The Turkey stamp is A Muse and it's colored with Copic Markers. I also used pre-made cards, (I forget the brand) and glitter. The sentiment is A Muse. The tag shape was made with Stampin' Up! punches.
A Muse - Gingerboy Stamp
A Muse - Sweet Holiday Wishes Sentiment Stamp
Basic Grey polka dot paper
Black Bazzill paper
Memory box card
I double stamped the sentiment in two colors so it looks too blurry...I'll be changing that!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
LizCNZ sent me the coolest stuff! I should take a close-up but the plaque in the front is going in my scraproom...it says "I'm scrapbooking, take a number". The colors match my room perfectly! I love it! I love the little altered book as well and everything else she sent. How very generous and creative of you Liz! Thank you!
I need to take some close-up pics later. I wish I had taken a pic of the package I sent her. If I do this again, I will.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Here is a card using a new technique I saw on Scrapshare. I inked the 4 squares with SU! Stamping Spots. I never really thought to use them this way. It's a great way to use stamps you don't want to spend all the time coloring in. I love the look. I used Pamela's Cuttlebug Embossing folder for the dots.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Here are the cards I made for the Amuse Challenge #47 - Cards inspired by summer vacation. The first card is using my favorite Amuse stamp "You Rock" and the surf board I forget what company it's from. The second cards stamps are all Amuse.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
Here's the family...
I love this picture with Dennis and Kyla. Daddy's little girl is growing up!
After graduation was the NMRHS lock-in. AKA Project Graduation. All the graduates have the opportunity to go to the high school for an all nite party. They have to be at the school by 11pm and once they're there, they are locked-in until 5am. It's a great way to keep the kids safe. There's so much for them to do, tons of food, prizes, games, hypnotist (Kyla got hypnotized apparently), etc. She had a ball. Here's Ky and one of her best friends Jared enjoying themselves...
Here's Kyla at the Northeast Region Luncheon where she presented the outgoing president with her leadership award. It is part of the passing of the torch. Next year Kyla will receive it when the meeting will be in Orlando, FL.
Me and Kyla at the luncheon. I was so proud of her!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
With her is the rest of the Venturing Youth National Cabinet. What a great group of young adults! She had a great time and I think all the kids bonded really well. They'll see each other again in Texas in July for training.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (41)
- ▼ December (5)
- ► November (10)
- ► October (5)
- ► June (5)